Jorma Kaukonen Brings Fur Peace Ranch
to Wanee Music Festival
For the first time Wanee 2012 Music Festival will host one of the premier music workshops in the country, Jorma Kaukonen’s Fur Peace Ranch, featuring Jorma Kaukonen, Jack Casady, Mickey Hart, Oteil Burbridge, Warren Haynes, and more guests yet to be confirmed. There will be both intimate workshops and general session Q&A’s April 19 – 21. Complete details can be found at: http://www.furpeaceranch.com/wanee12.html
In 1989, Jorma and Vanessa Kaukonen conceived what Jorma calls "a ranch that grows guitar players." Not a fantasy camp, but a place where both budding and seasoned musicians could immerse themselves and emerge with renewed inspiration and tangible progress in their music. “Focus on the things you love, listen with an open heart, and the music will speak for itself!” says Jorma of their teaching method.
Now in its 15th year, the award winning Fur Peace Ranch takes their concept “on the road.” Some of the lessons and sessions include:
– Double Dose of Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady - If you want to learn the secrets of
– Warren Haynes and Jorma Kaukonen Tales of their musical journeys!
– Planet Earth Drum with Mickey Hart - Discussion on Rhythm & Percussion in
– Bring a Drum! Join Mickey as he leads you on a world tour of percussion history and rhythms!
– Wake up with Oteil Burbridge - Improvisation workshop/Clinic
Grab your guitar, bass, drum, and come join the music!
The Fur Peace Ranch is a center of musical activity. Workshops with Jorma, Jack and many talents occur through out the year. Read about the fun:
"Jefferson Airplane Bandmates Teach Guitar to Rock Star Wannabes”
– Jim Clash, Bloomberg-BusinessWeek
"Jefferson Airplane Alumns Run the Real School of Rock" – Sean Edgar, Paste