The Rubber Knife Gang will officially release their second album, entitled "Drivin' On". The album features 12 new tracks including 11 original compositions and a cover of Billy Joel's "Travelin' Prayer"
The band will be celebrating the release with a CD Release Party on Sept. 10th at the Southgate House in Newport, KY. Special guest will include Shiny and The Spoon and The Downtown County Band
Drivin' On (2010) was conceived in the hills along the Ohio River and recorded in-studio, in the heart of downtown Cincinnati. This album presents a collection of songs that openly reflect the musical growth of RKG, as a trio, and references the roadmaps of the region’s music, merging them into a sound for the modern roots music era. This second Rubber Knife Gang release captures the band traveling the byways of American music, driving toward new frontiers while hugging each bend of the Ohio River, like the roads that follow.
The production work on the album was handled by Mind Ignition's Robert Fugate.
Americana Daily Rewind
- Amelia White w/ Sergio Webb - Little Cloud Over Little Rock
- Tom Russell - The Last Time I Saw Hank
- Ruby Boots - It’s So Cruel
- Dirty Fences featuring Christina Halladay - One More Step
- Sarah Hiltz - Without You
- Sarah Lou Richards - Plane Blue
- Randy Rogers Band - Meet Me Tonight
- Slaid Cleaves - Drunken Barber's Hand
- Laura Benitez and Bob Spector - Easier Things to Do
- John Lafayette Ramey - Let Me Down Easy